Surprisingly, You are definitely at the right place if you’re looking for a guidance on how to start a podcast. Although it’s simple to start a podcast, there are a few steps you’ll need to take to get it off the ground.
Therefore, This article on podcasting will lead you through each step of the procedure:
- Selecting a name and a theme
- Formats for episodes and shows
- Design of a cover
- Music for the introduction and conclusion
- Recording and editing audio
And a lot more…
Though, this is the first (and most important) step in creating a podcast. Before moving on, you should take some time to explore this area. To begin planning your podcast like a pro, feel free to get out a notebook or a whiteboard.
Choose a subject
Whereas, Your podcast should be centred on a specific subject or market. So, Try to focus on a topic that isn’t so wide that you won’t appeal to your possible audience but that you can talk about for a lot of episodes (100+).
Choose a co-host (optional)
Do you wish to co-host the event with a friend, business partner, or coworker?
Basically, If you have a co-host, starting a podcast can be lot simpler. If you and your partner express opposing viewpoints on the same issue, your conversation will inevitably be more interesting. So, Having a keeper of the course can be useful as well. Additionally, you can divide jobs like editing, advertising, and more.
Select a name
Similarly, The top Apple Podcasts lists feature a wide range of distinct names. While some don’t mean anything, others are indicative of the subject matter of the show. Than, Pick a name that will allow for future expansion if necessary. Perhaps “Mountain Adventures (Above & Below 14K ft.)” would be appropriate because it suggests hiking 14ers while still giving you the freedom to discuss other topics if you so like.
- Length: Many “experts” assert that particular lengths are ideal for podcasts. That’s just BS, and that’s the issue. You don’t need a 28-minute podcast as it is the typical length of a drive. Or less than an hour because people can’t focus for more than that.
- There are podcasts that last five minutes and some that last six hours. Further, find a strategy that works for you and pursue it!
- Style: Even such interview shows are common, you are not required to participate. You can alternate between solo (or co-hosted) shows and interview shows.
- Series Format: With this part, be imaginative. It is also simpler to upload short videos on social media thanks to different portions. But keep in mind that you’ll have both returning listeners and new listeners for every episode you release, so make an effort to engage them both.
As soon as you’ve decided on a topic, a format, and a domain name, So, we’ll need to get a few things ready before the launch.
- Make cover artwork: The majority of consumers will view your cover art as they peruse Apple Podcasts or their preferred podcast app for the first time. Additionally, it can be the picture that viewers see when you post about your show on social media.
- Get a Credible Introduction (Optional): Additionally, the best source for voiceovers and intros of the highest calibre is Music Radio Creative. When you first start a podcast, having a third party introduce you just increases your perceived worth, which is a terrific way to stand out.
- Selecting an intro music
- Obtain a Microphone
- Podcast Guests
Editing and recording
Alitu (The Easy Way) (The Easy Way): Even basic editing operations like GarageBand or Audacity can be scary if you’ve never used editing software before. It makes sense because jargon abounds in audio production!
GarageBand (Free Option) (Free Option): I’ll demonstrate how to record and edit music using GarageBand. Other audio editing programmes are comparable, but most of them include additional functions that you won’t need when first starting out. Adobe Audition and Audacity are popular choices (both work with Mac & PC).
Making a Template: It will be much simpler to get started if you make a template that you can use each time you record a podcast episode. This means that you will already have your entrance and outro music in place, along with space for advertisements and your voiceover or interviewee’s tracks.
Create Your First Episode (Or 3) Solo: Simply choose the track you want to record to (see the light grey Podcast Audio track selected above) and press the red Record button up top afterwards if you’re just recording a solo episode or want to record the introduction to an interview you conducted.
Several Hosts: You must select Record Enable under Track -> Configure Track Header if you have several hosts.
Edit Your Episode: Eventually, There are a few things you can quickly set up once (and save in your template) that can greatly improve the quality of your podcast and your voice.
Generally, there aren’t exactly universal settings because everyone’s voice is unique, but these settings might be a good place to start:
- Choose the music you want to use (start with your voice)
- Pick a spot in the Plug-ins box and click it.
- Go to Dynamics -> Compressor to add compression
Here are the settings:
- 100 Hz: 24 dB/oct roll off
- Q: 0.79; 160 Hz: -2.5 dB
- 500 Hz: -1.0 dB; 930 Hz: -0.5 dB
- 20; 3400 Hz: +0.5 dB
- 5400 Hz: +2.5 dB; Q: 0.71
Promote your podcast
Meanwhile, there is a chance for you to be highlighted in the New & Noteworthy section of Apple Podcasts when you launch. So, Imagine the rapid growth your podcast could see as a result. This would greatly increase the popularity of your new podcast. Hence, Launching your podcast in a way that you gain some listens and reviews right away will help you stand out to Apple Podcasts and boost your chances of being featured. So, You will now be in a position to be highlighted as a result. While it’s still not a guarantee, starting your podcast this manner will also aid in its natural expansion.
Other straightforward marketing suggestions include:
- Create brief audio samples in video format using programmes like repurpose.io and wavve.co, then share them on social media.
- likewise, Transcribing your episodes will help you increase your SEO and be seen on Google.
- Use the audience of your guests to promote future episodes.
- Participate as a guest on others’ podcasts.
For Tutorial on how start a podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAAY-yeRHvM