What is pool stick?
Pool cue is used to play the game of pool. Pool cues are mostly made out of wood, but also can be made of other materials like carbon fiver and aluminum.
The end of the cue that strikes the ball is called tip, it is usually covered in layer of leather, phenolic resin or rubber.
6 Ways To Hold Pool Stick
You have to keep few things in mind to make sure you are holding the pool stick the right way.
The most important of them is to make sure your grip is strong and you are using both of your hands.
And also keep in mind to avoid it gripping too tightly, as this can stress your arms and lead to less accuracy.
Below are few tips of how can you hold a pool cue:
- Hold the cue with your non-dominant hand below your dominant hand. Use the first two fingers and you thumb to form a V-shape, and wrap your others fingers around the shaft.
- Make sure you are using both of your hands and your grip is strong
- Be sure no to hold the cue too tightly, as it leads to stress your arms and also your brain, leading to less accuracy.
- Grip the cue you a dominate have about halfway down shaft. And use your fore finger and thumb to form a V-shape, Wrap the hands around the shaft.
- Be sure to keep your elbows close to your sides and tuck your chin down slightly to make sure yousr are fully stable and stance.
- Now use the weight of your body to push forward the cue ball, rather than using only your arm strength.
By using these tips and tricks, you will be able to hold the pool stick/cue the right way and you can improve your accuracy while playing.
Pool and Billiards both are great games to improve hand-eye coordination, skills, thinking and more.
If you are wondering for a hobby that can keep you entertained for hours on end, Billiards or Pools are mostly recommended.
Want To Know? How to get rid of Weed Smell? Click Here
See More About Grips And Stances To Improve Your Game: Click Here