How to mix hair color?
Changing up your hair colour can be a creative and entertaining approach to update your appearance. You can achieve a whole new hair color by mixing developer and hair dye together. To make the mixing procedure neat and orderly, be sure to use the appropriate bowl, mixing tool, and gloves. Use the appropriate ratio and stir the dye and developer until the mixture is smooth. Additionally, you can combine two distinct colors to make a brand-new hair color! You can choose the hair colour that best suits your personality because there are many different shades to choose from. Additionally, you have the option of combining several hues to get fresh tones. There’s no excuse not to experiment with hair color when there are so many options available. Read the following article to learn how to mix hair color.
Which hair colour combinations are most common?
There are numerous ways to produce combination hair colours, which are growing in popularity. There is a colour option for you whether you want to add colour or simply change the style of your hair. Here are five ways to use two distinct hair colours simultaneously:
1: Brown and Blonde Hair
- A lovely, vintage combination
- Blonde hair can look deeper and richer with brown tones.
- Blonde highlights can add energy to brown hair.
2: Red and Blonde Hair
- Your blonde hair can appear livelier by using red tones.
- Brighten up your appearance.
- Red and blondes are frequently matched.
- Unusual appearance that stands out from the stereotype of a blonde woman.
3: Black and Blonde Hair
- Exceptional combination
- Blonde hair with a stark contrast
- Adds intrigue.
Why would I mix hair color?
You have a lot of freedom and control over the lightness/darkness, colour, and vibrancy of your hair colours when you combine two different hair colours. You can make a unique hair colour that suits your taste by combining several hair colours. Get that mid-range hair colour. The colour between 3 Dark Brown and 5 Light Brown, for instance. Enhance your hair colour by giving it a little warmth or brightness. Neutralize your hair colour or slightly cool it.
How do you decide which hair colours to combine?
Decide on your primary hair colour first. Your favorite shade will serve as the foundation for your primary colour.
For instance, 8.44 Intense Copper Blonde will still be your primary colour if you like it but wish to tone down its intensity.
Next, decide on your auxiliary hair colour.
Which direction your hair colour should take should be determined by your secondary colour?
- By blending in a darker shade, your secondary colour might darken your hair colour.
- Add a lighter shade to your hair colour to make it lighter.
- Add an Ash or Beige Shade to your hair colour to cool it down.
- Add a Golden, Chocolate, or Copper Shade to your hair colour to warm it up.
- Utilize a Natural Shade to balance out the Warmth, Coolness, or brightness of your primary colour.
GUIDE on How to mix hair color
- Utilizing kitchen scales is the greatest way to ensure that your mixes are accurate. In particular, this is true, if you are a beginner colorist.
- Squeeze each Shade into your Tint Bowl in the precise ratios to blend your two hair colours.
- Mix the hair colours with your tint brush until they have a smooth consistency.
- Add your Developer and whisk with a tint brush till the liquid is creamier and thicker.
- Set the scale to zero and place the empty bowl or applicator bottle on it.
- Write down how much bleach, toner, or hair colour you use after you squeeze it or pour it in.
- The scale was then once more set to 0.
- Next, add the appropriate amount of developer.
- You will add the same quantity as before if you want to get a 1 + 1 mix.
- If the mixture is a 1+2, you must add twice as much developer.
- Use a plastic colouring basin while preparing bleach or cream colour mixtures.
- Continue whisking or painting the mixture with a coloured brush until it becomes a smooth, creamy paste.
- Blondify liquid toner can be mixed simply by shaking an applicator container.
- It is actually pretty simple to create a lovely, gel-like consistency that will pour over the hair with ease.
Tips on How to mix hair color
To properly combine hair colours at home, remember these four advice:
Pick the appropriate hair colour formula
Finding the best hair colour formula for your skin tone and hair type is crucial because there are many different colours available.
To find the best formula, try out a few.
- Try light-brown hair colouring or light blonde with a golden undertone if you have dark hair and fair skin.
- Use a brown or red formula for black hair.
- Use a dark brown or red formulation on medium-brown hair.
- Golden blonde with a little yellow undertone and light-medium hair
Check Out The Hair Dye Color Chart!
If you’re unsure of what shade to go with, use the hair colour chart to locate the one that complements your skin tone the closest.
Ensure UV protection is included in the formula
UV rays can hasten the fading of hair colour and make it appear lifeless and dry. Selecting a formula that shields your hair from UV rays is preferable because it is also the primary cause of hair breakage.
Only utilise goods that have been expertly manufactured.
Avoid brushing or combing your hair after colouring it
Give your hair some breathing room and a rest from colouring.
Utilize a diffuser to dry your hair
- Use a diffuser or a hair dryer to dry your hair.
- Reduce the heat that a blow dryer or flat iron applies to your hair by using a hair diffuser.
- Furthermore, it assists in lowering frizz and flyaways!
Keep these colour guidelines in mind to mix hair color
- Keep your primary and secondary colours complementary, either warm and warm or cool and cool.
- Warm and cool colours shouldn’t be combined because they will work against one another.
- To add a slight Cool or Warm reflect, combine a Cool or Warm colour with a Natural colour.
- To establish the lightness of your hair colour, use a natural shade as your main colour.
Blending hair colors is a fantastic approach to getting the ideal hue for your hair. Additionally, it allows you to try out several colors and discover the ideal mix for your skin tone and personality. So, if you want to switch up your hair color, try hair color mixing!