Social media firms have a moral obligation to shield young users from inappropriate material, spam and other users. The minimum age to sign up for TikTok is 13 and the minimum age to send gifts to your favorite creators is 18.
You cannot register if you are under this age, otherwise TikTok may remove your account shortly. It will occur because the Youngsters’s Online Privacy Protection Act forbids children under the age of 13 from sharing videos on TikTok. It might be time to update your real birthday on social media because the corporation is infamous for deleting accounts with blatantly false dates.
According to TikTok, its users must be 13 years old or older to access its material. But for kids, the unpredictable nature of what goes viral has proven inappropriate and risky. For instance, a popular “fire challenge” resulted in one child lighting himself on fire and then hardly being able to walk afterwards. The following year, a different collection of videos with the hashtag #passoutchallenge attracted over 233,000 views and incited one 12-year-old to choke on a shoelace around his neck.
Although TikTok does not require proof of age when making an account, you must do so in order to have your information changed. It is therefore preferable to be upfront about your age on TikTok and even then, to critique the relevant content. No number of likes is worth putting your life in danger.
This post will explain how to update your birthday on TikTok if you’re unsure how to do so. Your date of birth cannot be updated within the app. It can be simpler to open a new account depending on your age and the age of your current one.
How to change your birthday on TikTok
On TikTok, you can change your username, but you can no longer change your birthday on tiktok. If you provide the incorrect birth date while signing up, you must contact customer service to get it changed. To do this, tap the 3-line icon in the top right corner after tapping Profile in the bottom right.
- From the bottom menu, choose Settings and Privacy.
- Under Support, scroll down and select Report a Problem.
- Then select Account and profile from the Topics menu.
- Open the Editing profile menu from there and select Other.
- Select Need more assistance? Contact the TikTok support staff here.
- Write a brief note from this point describing why you want to update your birthdate on your account—tap Report when done.
TikTok team’s email response
You must prove your age when you report an issue with the app and TikTok will update it.
Sadly, you will need to upload a passport or a government-issued ID for verification. The only types of identification that have been officially endorsed by the corporation are those listed above, however it never hurts to inquire about using a student ID or another type of identity.
Although it’s likely that TikTok’s younger audience lacks this kind of identification, the business uses it to update your birthday. Minors can often obtain a state ID at any age. If you lack the required identity, you can likely obtain it at your local registration center.
What if your account was deleted by TikTok?
The business has to take a position on young users as a result of lawsuits. Sadly, this forced TikTok to deactivate any accounts with an age listed that was below 13. Some online forums claim that these deletions still happen today.
What can you do, then, if TikTok canceled your account due to your age? In the TikTok app or on the TikTok website, you should first click the Report a Problem button. By doing this, you’ll be able to fill out a form and submit a complaint to TikTok. A government ID showing that you are older than 13 years old must be shown.
You will receive an email with your videos attached from TikTok if they delete your account because you are under 13 years old. Both your phone and computer can download those. A Chrome Extension is available to assist anyone having trouble downloading their videos from this email attachment.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed yet, it seems unlikely that the corporation will reactivate the accounts after the user reaches the age of 13. After 30 days, TikTok deletes inactive accounts permanently and many users had inaccurate birthdays and account creation years.
Changing Your TikTok Profile
Naturally, as we change, you’d like to update some details in your social network profile. Perhaps you typed the incorrect birth date or phone number and wish to change it to the right one.
How do you change the information on your TikTok profile? You can modify a number of things, including your username and profile picture. How? Read on.
Update Your Profile Image or Video
Changing your profile image is entertaining and fun. You may always update your image in your TikTok account’s Edit Profile area.
Simple steps must be taken.
- Navigate to your profile and select Edit Profile.
- Choosing Change Photo (or Video).
- To change your profile photo, pick a fresh image from your phone or shoot a brand-new shot.
Renaming Your Account
If you want to develop a devoted following, it’s not advised to change your username because it helps your followers identify your account. You can still do it, though, if you so choose.
- Go to Edit Profile after opening your profile.
- Enter a new username and delete the one you currently have.
- For the following 30 days, you won’t be able to modify it once again.
The Language of Your App
Here are the steps you should take if you want to switch the language of your existing app:
- Activate your profile.
- Click the Settings button.
- Open the Language tab by locating it.
- Choose a chosen language from the list by selecting the App Language option.
- Select your language in 39 languages available option
Deletion of Your Account
You might wish to completely cancel your account if you’re tired of making modifications. It’s an easy process that only takes a minute. Before you lose all the information and stuff you’ve been posting, though, make sure you want to do it by giving it some thought.
- Check out your profile.
- By touching on the three dots in the top right corner, you can access Settings.
- Search for Manage My Account, then press it.
- Decide to delete your account.
- You should be aware that after you make an app purchase, you cannot request a refund.
Make new Account
TikTok thankfully allows you to have several accounts. This implies that, if you’d like, you can establish a new profile without deleting your current one. Follow these steps to create a second account (with the correct birthday) using a separate login ID:
- In the bottom right corner, tap Me.
- In the upper right corner, tap the three horizontal dots.
- To add an account, scroll down.
- Sign up again with the proper birthday, just as you did with your first account.
This allows you to preserve your current account and create a new one, even though it doesn’t resolve your birthday dilemma.