How to wash Hey Dude Shoes?
Shoes were initially designed to protect our feet from extreme weather conditions, sharp objects, and uneasy surfaces. With the birth of the shoe industry, footwear has been categorized widely according to its style, cost, and structure. Various kinds of shoes that match different occasions available in the market, like boots, formal shoes, athletic shoes, and casual shoes.
What are “Hey Dude Shoes”?
The type of casual shoes that are equally popular among men and women. They are available in different styles, materials, and colors. But loafers, sneakers, and boat shoes are being extensively used type. Many people wear these shoes as they are comfortable and require low maintenance. They are good for people with back problems as these shoes come with removable memory foam insoles.
Why does this footwear need cleanliness?
Most fungi and bacteria best grow in a dark, warm and moist environment, and these closed-toe shoes prove an ideal home to bacteria and fungi. Moreover, fecal bacteria appeared on 96% of this footwear. Your favorite loafers may smell ugly and wear out quickly if not properly cleaned. So, keeping your shoes clean also keeps you safe from bacterial and fungal infections.
How to wash Hey Dude Suede Shoes?
Hey dude, Suede shoes are a must in the wardrobe. Suede is a type of high-quality leather made from the underside of lambskin. Suede is a less durable material than leather because it is made from the inner side of lambskin and can be easily damaged if not treated correctly. The velvet nap and fuzzy texture of suede shoes also make them sensitive to stains caused by dirt, oil, and moisture.
You can find several suede cleaning products in the market, but household items offer the best ways to clean your kicks. The following cleaning strategies make it easy to restore the smooth, velvety, and spotless appearance of your footwear.
- Before cleaning, make sure the shoes are completely dry.
- Never use a blow dryer or direct sunlight to shorten the drying time.
- Allow them to air dry and insert a shoetree to maintain their shape.
- Brush away the dirt or dust using a suede cleaning brush. Use the brush repeatedly in the same direction. Back and forth brushing may damage the shoe suede.
- Additional marks can be removed by using a pencil eraser.
- Pour white vinegar or alcohol on a soft fabric and rub it on the stubborn stains.
- Allow the fabric to dry, and use a dry towel to brush the suede.
- Apply a suede protectant spray to protect your suede shoes for future use.
How to wash Hey Dude Leather Shoes?
If you have got a pair of Hey Dude leather shoes, regular cleaning will help to protect your investment. Cleaning the leather kicks is not a complicated process. Knowing how to clean your shoes will keep them looking great and protect the fabric for a long time. Just follow these simple steps.
- Remove the shoe laces. In case they’re messy, run them through the washing machine.
- Clean loose dirt and debris using a soft cloth or a brush.
- Apply a solution of dish soap and warm water and wipe the outside surfaces of the shoes employing a cloth. Wipe off the soap using a second damp cloth. Then dry with a towel.
- To remove stains from light-colored leather shoes, apply a mixture of lemon juice and cream of tartar. Remove the cream using a damp cloth.
- Let your shoes dry in the open air.
- Make leather conditioner by mixing vinegar and linseed oil in a 1:2 ratio. Apply this mixture to leather shoes and let sit for 15 minutes. Buff uses a clean and soft cloth to make shoes shine.
- Leather shoes tend to shrink and crack upon wetting. Keep your leather shoe at home on rainy days.
How to wash Hey dude, canvas shoes?
Hey Dude canvas shoes are made of heavy-duty canvas material. Canvas fiber is made of linen or cotton mixed with polyvinyl chloride. These shoes easily catch mud and look dirty. Follow these easy steps to make your shoes clean and tidy again.
- Remove the laces first. It will make it easy to eradicate dust and mud from shoes.
- Remove the memory foam insole from your canvas shoes, as they may shrink or become shapeless during the cleaning process.
- Before cleaning, ensure the shoes are dry because wet dirt is more difficult to clean.
- Knock out the dry dust by tapping the shoe soles together.
- Now dip the canvas shoes in warm water to make sure the shoes are equally wet from all sides.
- Make a concentrated solution of warm water and liquid detergent. Gently apply this mixture to canvas shoes with the help of a toothbrush.
- Rinse your shoes thoroughly with tap water.
- Dry the canvas shoes in a shady place and to shorten the drying up time, fill the shoes with non-inked white paper.
How to wash shoe laces and insoles?
- First, rinse your shoelaces and insoles with tap water to remove the extra dirt and mud attached.
- Soak the shoe insole in a mixture of mild detergent and water for 2 hours. Then scrub the insoles using a toothbrush.
- Do not soak laces for long; otherwise, they will lose elasticity. Just dip them in the above mixture and scrub using a soft brush.
- End the process of cleaning by air drying them.
Hey Dude shoes caring tips:
Remember these points to retain your favorite shoes for a long time.
- Avoid using a dryer to dry your hey dude shoes as it will damage your shoe.
- Avoid machine washing to clean your footwear.
- Always waterproof the footwear before you start using it.
- Clean your Hey Dude Shoes every two weeks or at whatever point they see grimy.
- Everyday maintenance of shoes reduces cleaning time.
- Buy three pairs of hey dude shoes and wear them alternatively. It gives your shoe time to dry.
- Always wash your footwear with cold water. Otherwise, they may shrink out.
- Strictly follow the care instructions given by the footwear company.