How to Get Started With Nail Art?
Looking for a lovely and lovely approach to spruce up your look? Nail art can be used to accent your wardrobe for a particular occasion or to add a unique touch to your personality on a daily basis. While highly detailed nail art should be left to professionals, there are a variety of patterns you can create on your own. To achieve a stunning appearance, use duo-tones, glitter and jewels, polka dots, mixed hues, marbling, or stamping. Read on to know How to get started with Nail Art.
ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR NAIL ART DESIGN
- Nail file and buffer
- Polish for your nails (and remover)
- Nail strengthening polish or clear enamel
- Dotting instruments
- Striping equipment
- Your favorite hand moisturiser
- Nail care equipment
- Q-tips and cotton balls should be taped together.
- Makeup sponges made of foam
DOTTING GADGETS MADE FROM EVERYDAY ITEMS
- Heads of bobby pins
- Straight pins with a roundhead
- Heads of straight pins
- Unused pencil eraser or unsharpened pencil
- Match head
DIY STRIPING EQUIPMENT
- Stencils, nail art pens/markers, and tape techniques are excellent for creating clean, precise lines and stripes.
- Polishes for nail art
- Paintbrushes that are too thin
GOING TO BEGIN
MAINTAIN YOUR NAILS
If you want to clip your nails first, go ahead and do so, Keep your nails rounder rather than squared, or at the very least round the edges. This keeps your nails from breaking because points and corners are weak points, circular objects have no corners or points and thus no weak spots.
PUSH YOUR CUTICLES BACK
Cuticles should not be cut! Cuticles are important for microbial protection in the body. You risk acquiring an infection if you cut them. Cuticles are just as important as your eyelids and gums.
PREPARE YOUR NAILS
This isn’t strictly necessary, but you can use a gentle nail buffer to smooth out any nicks or lumps in your nails. Simply apply it as needed to keep your nails smooth.
APPLY THE BASE COAT
If you don’t have a nail-strengthening polish, use a clear polish instead. This will keep the pigments of the nail enamel from staining your nails.
MAKING NAIL ART DOTS
- Apply some polish on an index card or a scrap of paper.
- In the polish, dip your dotting tool.
- Apply on the nail lightly.
HEART NAIL ART
- Connect two dots with a dot.
- Apply polish to a “V” below the dots with a little dotting tool or toothpick.
- Fill in the blanks to make your heart.
POLKA DOT NAIL ART
- SOLID POLKA DOTS: After painting your nails a solid color, create a polka dot design with your dotting tool.
- CIRCLE DOTS: You’ll need two different sized dotting tools for this. Make a polka dot pattern with the larger tool, then go over it with the smaller tool, this time using your base color.
- DOT DESIGN: Draw an abstract design on your nails by dotting a lovely pattern across them.
- DIAGNOL DOTS: Add some dots to your diagonal French manicure.
- DOTTED FRENCH MANICURE: After doing a French manicure, dab dots across the nails.
Paint your nails clear, a light sheer color, or any other color you want. After the polish has set, draw a white line across the top of your nail. You can do this with only your stripers or by taping off the area and painting it that way. Either way, it looks great. If desired, add glitter stripes and motifs.
RAINBOW NAIL ART
Paint semi-circle lines on your nails with a striper brush in the colors you want your rainbow to be. Stick to three or four colors; more than that may be too much unless you’re drawing very delicate lines. Make cloud shapes at the tips of your nails with a dotting tool. If you wish to add small birds, form an upside down circular “w” with black polish using a toothpick.
GRADIENT AND OMBRE NAILS
Gradients are an excellent way to spice up your nail art. Using brushes, apply polishes. While the polish is still wet, dab on each color to mix them together. Use a foam makeup sponge to apply polishes. Paint directly onto the sponge, then dab onto the nails. Alternatively, paint your foundation color and then dab on other colors with your sponge.
UNIQUE NAIL POLISHES
GLITTER NAIL POLISH: Glitter polishes come in a variety of colors and sizes, with fine to large bits of glitter.
CRACKLE NAIL POLISH: This is a simple approach to create nail designs. Apply a base color to your nails, then top with crackle nail paint. The polish tracks as it dries, showing the color underlying.
MAGNETIC POLISH: Another easy approach to get amazing designs is to use magnetic polish. While the polish is still wet, place a magnet over it. Metal particles in the polish will produce one-of-a-kind designs.
CAVIAR NAIL POLISH: This is a relatively recent trend in nail design that you will either love or despise. This design is made out of small plastic beads that are bonded to your nails. It produces a textured design that can be visually appealing, but it does not stay long. It’s probably best for a big occasion or a night out, not every day.
Nail Decorations and Stickers
There are many fantastic ways to add art to your nails that do not require much artistic ability. It’s okay if you can’t get the idea of nail art designs because there are so many nail stickers, stamps, pens, tapes, decals, embellishments, and gems that you can add to your nails! You can still make amazing nail designs with all of your possibilities!
BEGINNER NAIL ART HACKS & TIPS
- Always apply a base and top coat.
- Create perfectly round polka dots with a bobby pin.
- For half moons and French manicures, use reinforcing stickers.
- To dry wet nails faster, place them in a bowl of cold/ice water.
- Use adhesive to outline your nails to remove extra nail polish, Use a toothpick to apply studs or rhinestones.
- Use tape to form straight lines (make sure the polish underneath is perfectly dry before applying tape on top)
- using a makeup sponge, apply nail polish to create ombre nail art.
Once your design is complete and your nails have dried, add a clear topcoat to protect your artwork and make your nail art stay longer. Clean up any nail polish on your cuticles or skin using a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover. When you’re finished and everything is completely dry, apply your lotion or moisturiser and relax!